The goal of our Heart-to-Heart groups (a ministry arm of hopeforpastorswives.com) is to connect pastors’ wives both online and in real life for the purpose of encouraging, building up, challenging and motivating one another to the glory of God. We believe that the role of pastor’s wife is no more important or special than any other calling, but that it does carry with it unique challenges. It is our prayer that Heart-to-Heart groups will continually be a safe place for pastors’ wives to share their hearts, their hurts, their joys and their sorrows, and that they will find encouragement from one another along the way.
While we recognize that individual churches might interpret scripture differently, this ministry holds the belief that women should not be pastors. We maintain a complementarian position, and believe that the pastor’s wife is a supporter of her husband and his ministry. (1 Timothy 3:2-7, 1 Timothy 2:12, Titus 1:6)
The Heart-to-Heart ministry is a Christ following organization that welcomes members from a variety of churches. We recognize that the issues that pastors’ wives face do cross denominational lines. The following doctrinal statement is not all inclusive of the beliefs of each leader of this ministry or of each member in the groups, but it is foundational of what we believe. If you agree with the following core beliefs, we welcome you to join a Heart-to-Heart group:
- We believe the Bible is God’s Word, given by divine inspiration to communicate who He is and His plan and purposes for humanity. We believe the Word of God contains all that we need for life and godliness. It is trustworthy, sufficient and without error. (2 Timothy 3:16, 2 Peter 1:3, John 17:17).
- We believe in the One, True God, perfect in wisdom, power, authority, faithfulness, mercy and love. This One God exists eternally in three co-equal persons; the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit. (1 Timothy 1:17, Hebrews 1:1-3, Romans 8:9-11).
- We believe God created man in His own image to enjoy relationship with Him and to be a steward over creation. Each image bearer is unique and worthy of respect. Through Adam, sin entered the world and all of humanity is born with a sinful nature in need of reconciliation with God. (Genesis 1:26-28, Psalm 139:13-17, Romans 3:9-18, 23).
- We believe in the death, burial, and bodily resurrection of Jesus Christ. Man is incapable of restoring his relationship with God and it is only through the sacrifice of Jesus Christ that salvation is accomplished. We are saved by grace through faith in God’s redemptive plan and each individual must personally accept this free gift through repentance. Followers of Christ grow in their knowledge of God and are sanctified and transformed by the renewing of their minds in an ongoing relationship with God as the Holy Spirit enables. (Ephesians 2:8-9, Romans 5:1, Galatians 2:20, Romans 12:1,2).
- We believe the Church is the body of which Christ is the head and through which God has chosen to communicate His purpose and plan to a lost and dying world. The body of Christ is made up of many members, each with unique gifts and purposes, seeking mutual edification and unity for the purpose of bringing glory to God. We believe each member is to be devoted to the local church for fellowship, for teaching with the foundation of the Word of God, for the ordinances of scripture and for prayer. (Romans 12:4,5, Acts 2:42, Ephesians 4:15).
- We believe that man and woman are created as equal in God’s sight, but with different roles and purposes. Just as Christ is the head of man, we believe that man is the head of his wife and just as Christ laid down his life for us, the husband is to love his wife in the same way. There is to be a mutual submission between husband and wife out of reverence for Christ. (Ephesians 5:21-33).
- We believe that sexual intimacy was designed by God exclusively for a man (defined as one who is biologically male at the time of his birth) and a woman (defined as one who is biologically female at the time of her birth) who are biblically and lawfully married to each other. We believe that any form of sexual immorality such as adultery, fornication, homosexuality, bisexuality, bestiality, incest, use of pornography, attempt to change one’s sex, or disagreement with one’s biological sex, is sinful and offensive to God. (Genesis 2:24; 19:5,13; 26:8-9; Leviticus 18:1-30; Romans 1:26-29; I Corinthians 5:1; 6:9; I Thessalonians 4:1-8; Hebrews 13:4).
- We believe that marriage is a divine institution sanctioned by God which joins one man (as defined above) and one woman (as defined above) in a single, exclusive, covenantal union, as delineated in Scripture. We believe that God intends marriage to last until one of the spouses dies. (Malachi 2:14-17; Matthew 5:31-32; 19:3-12; Romans 7:1-3; I Corinthians 7:1-16; Ephesians 5:22-33; I Timothy 3:2; Titus 1:6).
- We believe we are to encourage one another and build each other up, demonstrating Christ’s love and compassion to a watching world. We believe in honoring God with our lives and seeking His glory in how we treat one another. It is our responsibility as pastor’s wives to pray for our husbands, to encourage them, to hold them in the highest regard as they teach and admonish others. (1 Thessalonians 5:11-13)
- We believe God will establish the new heavens and new earth in His own time and in His own way, bringing all things to an appropriate end. (Revelation 21:1, Ephesians 1:9,10)
2 thoughts on “What We Believe”
Thank for your advice, God is good and have mercy of every pastor wife.
Yes, this is the group for me! Thank God above I found you